Monday 20 May 2019

Saturday - slobbing whilst decorating #MMM2019

I know not at all glamourous!
Saturday I continued in repairing the decorating to my lounge which was wallpaper stripped by my lovely dogs so I wore old clothing for this and then after the decorating I went out and started on cleaning out my hens so needed to wear practical old clothing for that also  - My huge warm  me made jumper and upcycled celtic cycle Tshirt.







The jumper is made without a pattern so is just rectangles with some sleeve, shoulder  and neck shaping so its amazing to have virtually worn this out cos I love it so much. Yarn was from Aldi so was not expensive and my first venture in about 20 years into knitting so was a big success despite being a shapeless huge thing. That does make it very warm and very comfortable though.

In fact I really need to get round to making some new jumpers because all of mine are pretty much warn out now. The problem is I have a small amount of free time and tend to spend it sewing. Maybe its time for a small break.

Mind you before long that will be enforced for 6 weeks due to my impending hip replacement op so maybe I should spend that time knitting. As I understand it I am pretty much going to be unable to sew anything, so knitting could be a good way to go whilst healing. Also it would mean I could reduce some of my yarn stash. The yarn stash is no where near as big as my fabric stash but considering I average finishing a knitted item about every 4-5 years its far too big. If I could get two half knitted jumpers ( I have several half knitted items!) finished in 6 weeks that would be really helpful both wardrobe wise and life wise. I reckon its possible. Mind you I also want to learn ( via You Tube) to play the ukelelle so thats on my recovery to do list first.

Anyway must look out my pictures from Sunday now
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment