Sunday 13 September 2020

Skull sports leggings


I bought this fabric along with a few more proper good quality lycra fabrics on my birthday. They are the most expensive farics I have ever bought, at least since I returned to sewing back in 2011. I have yet to use most of the others.  
 
I needed a basic leggings pattern for these because I do not want loads of sections and seams breaking up the print. So these are yet another version of my TNT leggings pattern McCalls 6173.

Well it works and gives me what I need for this. Its not a challenge though to make this pattern other than the expensive fabric that is. Though I did go to great legths to keep the grainline straight. 
 
I am really very happy to have made these though I think maybe my waist elastic is a bit too loose. I have yet to wear them for long so I may end up taking the elastic off and reattaching but we will see.

This fabric is from Ebay here

Despite this is very expensive leggings fabric (for me anyway) it is good quality and its proper exercise type fabric, rather than the cheapo stuff I have been getting away with, and I am very happy with it. 
 
After I made my camo leggings ( which is another of these expensive lycra fabrics) with ruched ankles by mistake I made sure these leggings were normal length. Even then I ended up taking the ankles in quite a bit because this pattern always gives me loose baggy ankles but other than that expected adjustment these worked out just as intended.


Since I only bought 1m of this as well I am very happy with these, though wishing I had bought my usual 2m this time. I never expected the fabric to be so wearable though, being a skull print. But it is. Its lovely!
I have a tiny bit left that maybe I can squeeze a matching top from. I have yet to investigate my numerous patterns to decide on that but even if these extra fabric bits end up as swimwear or underwear I do not care. I love these leggings and when I wore them out - just shopping - they got loads of attention and I do not think anyone realised I made these myself.

If I find something I can make from the left overs I will show you that later. 
The pink lace top was made a couple of years ago and its worn over my orange cami which I made a few weeks ago.
For now I am happy to have these in my Autumn sports wardrobe. 
Stay safe
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment