Tuesday 31 May 2022

31st May 22, #MMM22

 

Well I have finished #MMM22 which I must admit this year started to drag a bit and I was thinking maybe I would cop out. I didn't. 

Though perhaps there is a lack of lovely dresses here. My wardrobe is full to the brim of dresses which I do wear but mostly when not working. It just seems so pointless wearing nice clothing for work. 

I also have two looks - well three really. I have my respectable work clothes which I wear to the office (and I need much less with hybrid style working). My track suits which I also wear when working from home, and my more interesting clothing which is the real me, that I wear when not working that tends more towards gothic/ hippy and this year Faery inspired.

 

My white fleece hoody - its on the list of should I chuck this? - because its not really me but on the other hand there will then be a hole in the warm clothing which I will need to fill so this might be staying a bit longer. 

I made this because at some point when buying online I had purchased 2m of white fleece because it was very cheap. I do love a bargain even when its something I normally would not buy. Despite the fact its white I do wear this. Buying things like this regardless of the price though is something I must stop doing. It just expands the already too large fabric stash. I need to control myself. You know how it is though: you are already buying £30+ of fabric and you see this fleece for £2 ( ish) a metre and its just so tempting to add a couple of metres to the order. And so the stash builds. 

Anyway for now I think I am keeping this hoody. Its just too warm and useful to get rid of. 

My camo leggings which are  actually very nice to wear though much less stretchy than proper exercise clothing. They are also much warmer and I wear these even in the snow. I have made several pairs of scuba leggings over the last few years and they are very good to wear. These despite supposedly having lycra in are less stretchy than most I have made but I do love them though I turned the waistband over - as the patttern tells you to do - and in future will add an extra waistband because these are a bit lower on the waist than I prefer in leggings. They tend to fall down. Thats something I may need to change when I have time. These also I am keeping. They need someting like a black waistband since I have no camo fabric left. If I use this fabric again I will also make them just slightly wider on the lower legs because they tend to wrinkle round my knees.

 


Ah and I am also wearing my hand knitted green socks. Thats how wet and nasty today is here. Its not really rainy just that light drizzle that if you walk long in it you get really wet.

Well I hope you have enjoyed #MMM if you have been taking part in it. I have.

Its certainly worth doing though maybe not every year beause you decide what you need to make for the rest of the year and also what you do not really wear. So a useful exercise as well and quite a bit of fun seeing what others are wearing and since it includes all me made - bags, jewellery, shoes as well as clothing its a nice way to see what others are making. I love #MMM. 

Though as usual by the 31st I tend to be lagging a bit.

Thanks for popping by and see you soon

Bracken

1 comment:

  1. The hoodie is definitely plainer than a lot of your other things. It could be good as a neutral piece if you are having a day where you can't make patterns get on with each other. Alternatively, you could tie dye or splash paint it and get something new!

    ReplyDelete