Saturday 25 November 2017

My warm winter yellow T-shirt

Hello, I am starting to feel very Christmasey now. The weather has gone very cold. It even snowed in Kilsby this morning. I was feeling cold at work. I felt too hot with a jumper on ( I keep one in my desk drawer just in case) but feel not warm enough with just a normal Tshirt so I made this yellow top.

Its the same fabric I used for the hoody cowl dress here:
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/7-burdastyle-092015-hooded-cowl-neck.html

Not sure what the fabric is but its kind of bonded and textured and synthetic and very warm - or for a T-shirt its warm. I was originally going to twin needle the hem so overlocked the edges just for neatness but decided actually I quite like the simplicity of this so thats it.

This is view D of Butterick B5562 again and without the collar. This pattern seems to be the top T-shirt pattern of the season for me right now.



 I already made two other tops from this same pattern.

This one is completely different due to the fabric choice.
 

You can see my other versions here:
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/multi-media-t-shirts-tms-october-2017.html


This is seriously a very quick make but I have worn it, washed it and worn it again in the same working week so a very good top I think.

I was not too sure about this fabric when I originally bought it, but it has made two very nice garments.

It was an ebay impulse bid and I won the auction! It is not realy my normal kind of fabric.

I do not mind synthetic lycra - as in workout type fabric and even things that can pretend to be lycra but are just polyester if you know what I mean.


When it arrived I was so unsure whether it was useable so just shows because something is synthetic and maybe not what you would normally buy it can work out well.

Anyway I need to make a few more winter tops so will be sesarching through my stash again now.



Other than that I made a Christmas cake.













It was baked in an Ikea silicon heart mould and was a bit of an experiment since I did not line it with baking paper although I did put a baking paper top on it while it baked for about 4 hours!
Its the first Christmas cake I have made in many years and now we are feeding it with brandy.

Thanks for visiting, Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment