I am getting better. I can now wear proper shoes - even if velcro fastened!
My leg is no where near as swollen. No idea as yet if both legs are the same length, because of the swelling, but its looking much more like they could be. Of course my left leg is also eventually possibly going to need a hip replacement. The Xrays showed decay, but not as bad as the right. It does not hurt so could last 20+ years yet, but as they say - they come as a pair so tend to wear as a pair, the fact there is a breakdown of the joint will mean it could be shorter when I stand up. Its looking pretty close now though so I am hoping they are the same length. There is no pain though, even with the discomfort from the operation itself. I am on pain killers, but before the op I was on similar, and they did not work. My hip does feel a bit different but I suppose thats cos its a bit of metal.
I am getting much stronger. If it was not so slippy outside where we took these photoes I could stand without crutches now. I cannot yet walk properly though but thats getting better with the physio making me much stronger by the day it seems.
So anyway enough of that, here are my dotty dungarees made from the free Mood Fabrics Jamesia pattern. I made these a while back.
I am not allowed to sew for at least 6 weeks - its killing me believe me!
If all goes to plan I can sew early December.
Then I decided I could use the Jamesia but like my previous version of this pattern I omitted the zip and made them pull on. You can see my other Jamesia trousers here: https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2019/11/sequin-trimmed-flares-from-mood.html
The fabric is stretchy enough for this. Its a more 1990s feel I think. Because I am not able to pose well right now its hard to see the flares but these are definitely flared and very nice ones.
I added the bib and braces as pure inspiration. When trying them on for the first time for fitting it just seemed to work. I am very pleased I did make them into dungarees because I think they will actually be much more wearable than as trousers because the fabric is a strange choice really. Being dungarees somehow makes them more acceptable and wearable.
I used the waist facing from the Jamesia pattern and no elastic. The fabric is actually strongly elastic enough I reckon you could wear as trousers with no elastic as well but with the bib and braces I really do not need any. They are warm though, and are going to be a very good additon to this winter's wardrobe.
I top sitched round the waist and enclosed the straps and bib using the facing which made everything very neat. It also keep the very springy scuba facing in place inside the trousers.
The top is my self drafted punk style top worn over my first version of Madalynne's Noelle bralet that you can only just glimpse - I will tell you all about that in the next few weeks.
My only regret with these dungarees is there are no pockets.
I really have no more scraps of this fabric so thats not going to happen. Other than that small defect I really love these.