Saturday 17 February 2018

Burda Easy cropped trousers

When I was going through my January "to sew" list one of my aims was that I wanted to use all my faux leather. I bought this brown leather by accident really. It was a few quid. I cannot remember how much so £2-4 for about 2m off Ebay. I thought it was paler and more of a beige. I actually hate the colour but then I saw this photo in Burda Easy.

Its the German edition of this magazine and this particular issue is very good. I want to make nearly everything. Unfortunately you cannot buy the English version in the Uk any more so i bought this off a German Ebay seller. 

Being in German does cause me some problems but overall I am managing to make the items. I am also making a jacket from this magazine but its ended up with me needing to do lots of hand sewing so its kind of sitting on the table waiting now.

I made these and everuthing was going fine till I did the facings. Then I tried them on and they just did not fit. I took the facing off. The front of the trousers was kind of baggy so I took the center seam in by about 1cm all the way round. The I decided the trousers are simply too long in the body.Maybe I am short in the body. I have no idea to be honest but I have had this problem before. Its a shame I did not take a photo to show you since someone may be able to tell me how to do this properly. In the end I  chopped a good 10-15 cm off the top of the trousers all the way around making them into more of an early 2000s low waisted style rather than the current high waisted styles I hate so much. Then I realised I do nto actually need the invisible zip that actually went in perfectly this time. Never mind. I had chopped half of that off when chopping the top down.I used the bits from the top of the trousers that had been chopped to make 4 belt loops.

By now I am getting sick of these trousers since its all going wrong. I am tempted to chuck them to be honest but I reckon I could possibly get away with these at work and I desperately need work clothing so I persevere.

 I reattach the facings which I cnnot quite get to look right ths time so I decide to add belt loops.

 I make the belt loops which look OK from the right side but as you can see the back is not so good - see second belt loop from the left side.


Then I attach them - sew bottom bit first which also hides my dodgy darts which looked fine and the same size till I chopped off the top of the trousers.



  Cut off excess fabric inside.











Then fold over and sew the top bit of my belt loops





 And here you can see them with and without a belt. Its a belt from about 2004 so fits the low waisted style these have ended up beinga s well.









In the end I am not so unhappy with these trousers although they are a bit of a bodge job. I reckon I will wear them come the warmer weather in the spring. Not so sure about to work but they are still OK.

Thanks for visiting and feel free to comment
Bracken




No comments:

Post a Comment