Sunday 29 July 2018

Orange Dress























This is the second and much anticipated copy of the River Island dress which I already copied in pink see my last post for the details. The pink version of this dress
(my muslin) is a bit different to the orange dress. I did not top sitch the button stand this time and the front pleat is higher and also folds better. I self lined the bodice with a second layer of fabric. Its much better made though now I want to make matching pants/knickers since it turns out this fabric is a little see-through. My only pant pattern has swinsuit type very stretch fabric and when I tested this fabric it does not stretch even half as much so I reckon the pattern I have will probably not fit if I use it to make pants so I need a different pattern.
This fabric does have stretch but I do not think it is lycra. I am none the less very pleased with this dress which has turned out pretty much like the original picture from my Newsletter from River Island. I rarely copy RTW but I am very happy with this cos for a self drafted copy this is a definite success!
Mind you I may have to avoid patterns with so many buttons. It took me three sittings for each dress to sew all these on. That I think was the worst bit really about making these two dresses and has definitely slowed up my me-mades over the last 3 weeks.Both my dresses have more buttons that the original RI dress but it just seemed the right amount to use.

I also think the model is probably taller than me or maybe wearing heels?


I did not add cross over back straps to this dress so its slightly different to the pink version.



The lighting is terrible on these photos. I tried to get quite a few hoping for some better brighter light but I think there is a thunder storm on the way!

Its definitely a bit cold while I am waiting for these to be taken whereas last week it was scorching hot. Apparently we are back in heat wave mode sometime next week though so this should get a lot of wearings in that case. Today I needed a denim jacket and leggings to keep me warm.


Thanks for visiting
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment