Monday 28 January 2019

Fluorescent orange and black leggings

After the success of the diamond leggings made from my cheapo crepe fabric I decided to make more. I had quite a bit of fluorescent orange left over from this jacket.

I was really pleased with this when first I made it. It was a serious achievement for me but when I look at it now I just see what is wrong with it eg. look at that wavy zip!

 Anyway I mixed this with some black which is a lighter weight but definitely does have lycra in it. I used the black before for my Yoga pants and this multi media T shirt top.

Again like my colour blocked diamond leggings there is no elastic in the waistband but this time I was even more sure they would not work due to the lighter weight of the black fabric and nearly gave in and added it.

I did forget to sew in the pocket on these which is a shame. I jumped in and started to sew late at night and did not read the instructions and had already overlocked them - front side to front. The pocket is meant to be sewn into the seams on top of the black parts. So you are meant to sew the side panels before joining the front and back!


Still I have now cut out a second pair of these in cream and black and they have not one but two pockets to make up for it. I will show you them once I have them sewn up. Right now they are sat waiting on my table.


Again these leggings have so far stood up to everyday life perfectly and I love them.

They are very warm and cozy and I think stylish, though my other half did say I look like I am doing some kind of H&S exercise which was a bit off-putting to my brightness and maybe I will not wear my jacket and leggings at the same time!









The orange panels are not perfect as you can see below but they almost line up. They are slightly off set, but as a first pair I am happy enough with these.

One problem I do have with this fabric is it gets dirty so very quickly because fluorescents by their nature are pretty pale even while being bright.


Again imperfectly lined up panels!



So, so far, so good with making leggings. I am starting to feel a bit more confident with the sportswear patterns now.. 
Oh and by the way this is the leggings from pattern McCalls M7446.

Thanks for visiting
Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment