Tuesday 11 June 2019

Red Zouave style sweat pants




So yes its just about the middle of summer and its England and its cold so I decided rather than continue to freeze I would cozy up and make these zouave style sweatshirt pants. They are not quite zouaves but the closest I own in patterns. This is a Burda pattern from the 01/2011magazine and I have made this pattern before.
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2017/06/lime-green-slobbing-slouch-trousers.html
Green version made in 2017

I did as last time I made this pattern up and missed out the zip. The green pair I made were a very stretch woven cotton. This time though I deliberately ( as opposed to forgot) ignored the interfacing in the waistband because I wanted to make use of the stretch in the fabric. Well why add a zip closure when you do not need to?




Last time I added a long piece of fabric as the back waistband which I threaded elastic into and sewed it into the side seams - so the the back waist is elasticated but not the front waist (so not adding waist gathers as such the way the pattern tells you to with a fixed waistband and interfacing and a side zip) and that time I had a solid front V shaped panel ( as original pattern) with interfacing to stabilise. This time I just made the proper V shaped front and the original pattern back waistband and threaded elastic straight the way round. Its not super pretty to be honest but does work and I only want these to be "round-the-house-slobbing-in-the-evening-and-watching-TV" trousers.

They were very quick to make ( about 30 mins including cutting out and sewing up time) and as I intended warm and comfy tho I do admit somewhat lacking in style. But then I do not intend to wear them out of the house in public other than to pop down the garden and visit my hens. Perfect warm trousers for cold wet summer days/ evenings after work.

Now to making some more work-worthy clothing. Maybe time to finish a few UFOs?

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment