Wednesday 30 August 2023

BEWARE! Steer clear of Rip Off VINTED - a review about a seller called dansamdo

 I have toyed with the idea of trying out VINTED for a couple of years. OK so this is based on my very recent experience of Vinted which is a market place for second hand goods. Similar to Ebay really and other market places. Or thats what I thought, but my very first purchase proves it a nasty place to buy from!

I have not had the same problem with anything bought via Ebay.

I bought a jumper for a familly member from Vinted. Its my first time using this App which came up when I was setting up my new phone. The old phone just died so I had to add everything manually rather than just copy it over and when Vinted appeared I thought why not?

Vinted gets advertised on UK TV regularly, and being someone who does actually believe in environmental issues and who tries to do their bit, I do try to buy second hand when it works for us.

So I bought what was described as  a "jumper". 


Its actual description was "100% cotton new unused Dinasaur jumper". I thought this will be really nice for a familly member and winter is coming so I thought that looks really perfect.

It arrived today. I picked it up from the local Post Office and opened the parcel and its not a jumper at all but a long sleeved Tshirt. I would never have bought this had I known it was just a thin Tshirt.

So, I tell Vinted because I assume they should at the least deal with a seller who clearly doesn't care about customers - only making money. This top is not even sweatshirting or french terry ( looped back cotton so similar to sweatshirting) and its not even a heavier weight Tshirt.

I feel ripped off. Yes its a nice top but its not what I thought I was buying. I wanted a nice child's jumper which is what it is supposed to be. Winter is coming. You can feel the air changing into autumn so we need this or at least we need a jumper and Dinasaurs appeal right now.

Anyway several hours later after sending in the best photos I can of the inside of this "jumper" which is actually a Tshirt, as well as a long conversation with both seller and Vinted customer services, Vinted decide the seller told the truth and the description matches! 

I really could not believe this.

Besides being shocked they did that, I feel really ripped off. Its a nice enough Tshirt but we did not need a Tshirt. I would not have paid for it. It will be used I dare say, but its not really how somewhere like Vinted should work and it does mean if you buy a lot from there you could end up very ripped off.

I have another parcel yet to be delivered - also from Vinted but a different seller. Hopefully that seller is more honest and decent. I am hoping not to get ripped off with that one because I actually bought 13 items so its quite a lot of money. Once that arrives I will be deleting the Vinted App and will never go back there.

Ebay customer services have been brilliant with me over the years. I have not actually had many issues but when I have had they sorted it fairly and to be honest I feel safe buying from Ebay. Generally I feel most Ebayers are actually normal people and most give an honest description.

Vinted haven't been fair to me. Even with photos to prove the problem, Vinted care more for the seller and do not have any care, it would seem, for the buyer. Not only can I not return I am told the seller described the item fairly. Since when did a Tshirt, and a light weight summer Tshirt at that, even if it has long sleeves, become a jumper? So its a sellers market place and not somewhere you can feel safe when buying.

In my case the seller outright lied about what they sold. Yet I have no rights it would seem.

So basically, if you decide to buy from a second hand market place I would sincerely, honestly, advise steer well clear of VINTED.

And particularly steer clear of a seller called "dansamdo".  From my experience this seller is dishonest. So I am happy to name them here because it may with a bit of luck stop others being ripped off by them.

I have bought on and off from Ebay for about 15 years. Not all my experiences have been good, I admit, but generally thats actually my fault for not reading the description properly. When something has been wrongly described by a seller Ebay sorted it out for me. 

Ebay wuld not have decided in this way in favour of a dishonest seller. 

So apparently VINTED is somewhere set up exclusively for sellers. They appear to be able to say whatever they want to get a sale and it does not have to be the truth and it would appear as a buyer you have no rights.

So here is a warning about Vinted and in particular about the seller known as "dansamdo"

Have a good week and I hope you do not get ripped off!

UPDATED: I also bought from someone else on Vinted who was a decent person and did describe everything correctly so not everyone on there is a rip-of merchant. However I do not feel safe buying on there now since the customer services obviously have no care whatsoever if you get ripped off so have still deleted the app and will never be buying on Vinted again. I am back buying from Ebay when next I decide to venture into the online market. Right now I am taking a rest and staying safe.

Take care

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment