Monday 2 October 2023

Shooting stars Pixie dress

 

This is the third dress I planned to make in the pixie pattern and I think this is the best one. If you visit me regularly you will have had a glimpse of this fabric last week.


Its a french terry which is cotton and lycra and oekotex from Pound Fabrics and was I think £8.95/m. I bought 2m. I have actually since bought another metre of this for kids clothing because despite the slight disaster with the baby sweatshirt I made last week coming out massive, I love the fabric, and so I think will the small person this is going to be used for.


I am thinking its time to make a coat so my next several blog posts will probably be on that because coats always take ages to make. I was planning to move house so stuck pretty much all my winter clothes into storage then things happened, and we never actually moved, but its just so much hassle to find something when all the boxes look alike and yes I did add labels but even then a large pie of boxes is a bit much to be wasting time opening and then resealing, so I decided why not just make a new coat. Much better idea so thats what I shall do. Of course I have also packed most of my winter fabrics as well, but I reckon I should be able to come up with something. Especially since my packing of my stash has meant of course I have bought even more new fabric and amongst this is some "coating" fabric. Or thats how it was described so yes time to make a coat.

Anyway back to my lovely dress which I actually got a compliment on when I wore it to the library last week. So it must look good.


Its also better than my previous versions in that I made a wider hem to stop it flipping to the inside and showing the overlocking and the underside of the fabric. Well that works up to a point but I have noticed it still managed to flip over when I had been sitting reading for a while. Still its a better finished dress than the others even if it doesn't quite stop the problem.

 Thanks for popping by to visit my blog and see you next week when I am hoping to do a quick review on my new overlocker which is the Brother 4234D and if I am honest, although yes, there are loads of pluses with this machine, its also got some very bad defects but you need to play with it to realise that, hence its taken me a couple of weeks to decide I should write about this. So really I have decided to let the sewing community, and anyone else who needs to know about this to make an informed decision before buying, about the problems with this machine. Anyway more on that next week once I get round to detailing everything.

Have a great week and see you soon.  

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment