Wednesday 14 October 2015

In the beginning.........My aim is to make One Hundred garments

In the beggining I started to collect sewing and knitting patterns. Over the past 3-4 years I have downloaded over 3000 sewing patterns from free online sources. I also have a current subscription to Burda magazine which has now been running for over a year and have even bought some older second hand burda magazines. At one point I ventured into Prima but found there are very few things worth making in Prima and really its a "womens " magazine rather than a sewing magazine although does come with a free pattern each issue. I have so far made one pattern from the free resources at burdastyle.com which you can find here http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/rainbow-festival-dress-based-on-free-pattern-so-very-blue Hippy3_large

and one pattern I made myself or sort of bodged but it works and I love these cullottes here: http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/circular-shorts-or-cullottes

 Brax_shorts_front_listing



I was really inspired to begin blogging my sewing attempts because of these circular shorts because I found them on Pinterest where other people had thought them worthy of saving them! Anyway, now I also have a huge stash of fabric so am raring to go and make stuff. My aim is to make One Hundred garments and probably a few other things as well. I have absolutly no idea how long it is going to take me to make a hundred items of clothing but starting this week I should have a table to sew on and I am intending to begin as soon as possible. Right now I have the sewing space but no table just a floor so I am waiting and planning and getting fabric out and deciding what to do with it all. If you do stop by thank you for reading this blog and I hope you drop back in sometime soon

No comments:

Post a Comment