Thursday 5 May 2016

34: Vegan silk hand knitted top


 

I wore this for Day one of Me made May and have taken it to work with me today as well so will possibly wear for Day 5 too. My  hand knit slip-over is made from vegan recycled silk sari-yarn that I bought online from a seller in New Zealand. I searched and searched for this because most of this kind of yarn is actually made from proper silk. This is Rayon silk so synthetic and vegan. This was hard to knit because the yarn kepts falling appart whilst knitting. Also it occassionally still splits and falls appart whilst wearing so although its a lovely idea to recycle Saris like this it does not really work well and knitting this stuff is horrible. Thats why I never did sleeves. I still have some of this yarn left so may find a use for it eventually. Maybe the real silk stuff is better but somehow I think probably its exactly the same.



Thanks for reading,
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment