Thursday 27 April 2017

95 and 96 skirt and top for TMS "Bright" for Tools by Hollie competition

 
This is my entry for the "Bright" competition from "Tools by Hollie" with The Monthly Stitch. If I was to win those lovely accessories I would probably wear them with something pretty simply and black so I made the skirt using McCall's M6770 and the top is self drafted and based on Burda Style 04/2012#126C.
I was window shopping a few days before reading about this competition and dreaming of clothing in current high street shops so I was already going to make a top with flared sleeves because I really like the current high street flared sleeves look and I wanted a wrap top so I made this pattern but added the flared sleeve.

The skirt has a slight train at the back or high low hem. It is stretch satin-backed crepe which I originally bought for some posh work trousers but stole for this competition.  I reversed it to have the satin on the right side. Its nearly totally overlocked with just a zip and button on a waistband.


It should have had an invisible zipper but I had a normal one and was stretched money-wise so used that. Its a bit longer than it should be as well but works. And I got to play with my automatic button-holer which was good!





The top is power mesh. It just ties at the back (or front according to the pattern).
 Again its nearly all made using an overlocker. I added the circle sleeves by drafting just as you would a circle skirt. They have a lettuce edge made using the overlocker. The neck of the top has a bias strip since I found even though its stretchy mesh, it does need to be bias to lie right and it is then twin needle stitched all round the neck edge and the two ties.




This shows the sleeve with overlocked lettuce edge
 

 This shows the neck band and twin needle stitched hems
 
The inside of the top

Here you can see the hems on one of the ties:

 

 
This is the inside of the skirt
 

The skirt hem:
  

 
 
 Zip and waistband
 
 

 
Thanks for reading and for visiting,
Have a lovely day,
Bracken




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment