Thursday 6 July 2017

Lilac Gingham skirt

 
When I went on my high street window/inspiration to sew - shop back in March I discovered lots of shops selling versions of this pattern:
105-122016-b_large
http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/ruffle-skirt-122016

When I first bought the magazine with this pattern I did not see myself wearing that skirt at all. However a few months later and its summer and I happen to still have some stretch lilac gingham in my stash so why not?

So back in March I traced and cut this skirt out. Then with the never ending thesis writing I did not finish it until now ( by the way I have now finally submitted that thesis!!YEY!)

the back is just a plain skirt:
Unfortunaly by the time I actually got round to sewing this up I forgot what the pattern said and was too lazy to work out which magazine it came out of - note to self write the magazine number as well as the view number on all future patterns! So anyway I did it wrong. Instead of a free flowing frill mine is tied into the front hemline which does work well but is not what the original skirt looked like. Whatever, its a new skirt for summer and I enjoyed wearing it for work despite it really not being at all my usual style.

 






 Changes I made to the pattern: I omitted the zip completely and added wide elastic because my gingham is very stretchy and to be honest I wanted this finished fast to wear the next morning.

It works, I like it so yes this one is a success. Oh and its worn here with a thrift shop black denim jacket I picked up in a January Sale for £1.98 and a top I made here:
Thanks for reading,
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment