Saturday 1 July 2023

Long velvet skirt - pattern trial

 


This is actually on my New Years to-do list and was also on last years list but last year it never got made so I finally get to make this skirt. In fact its been on my to-make list since 2014 when it came out so its taken me a while...............

 

Its from the Burda Style 09/2014. It has a high low hem - kind of because its actually got a small train at the back. 

 

This meant me having to hold the skirt up today when I wore this to Rugby town to go shopping in Asda, where I found myself on an escalator and the reality of being pulled into the mechanism and revealing my undies suddenly hit me. Well I would have had to get out of my clothes quick had I really got sucked into the steps on the escalator and stuff anyone if I reveal my knickers to get free. Well it did not happen but there is definitely a risk if you wear this skirt somewhere like that.


 

The fabric is the same very cheap velvet I bought by accident and kept just to make this skirt so this is a big tick off my New Years list of things to make in 2023. And despite I am not a big fan of the fabric I love this skirt so I am glad to tried it out. I will have to make a proper one - as in in fabric I love.

And it means with the top I made a while ago, I have an actual outfit which is something I never make normally. I mean I felt really dressed up today going to town in this though to be honest its the wrong outfit for a hot day in June. Still I will give it a wash and stick it in my winter clothes pile for later in the year and I think this will be a great outfit closer to Christmas.

So I have actually not only achieved an aim I set myself but eliminated a large piece of fabric from the stash. I am feeling happy this week. 

Have a great week,

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment