Friday 8 September 2023

Dragon scale winter pixie dress

 

I love the black space print dress so much that a decided to make another two dresses the same for this winter. I also love my dragon scale fabric top and trousers so I bought more of the same fabric to make this. I have another similar dress in the pipeline but more on that later.

It was cold when these pictures were taken so this is worn with basic black leggings which is how I am likely to wear it in winter, but then the weather has warmed up. Its now 28 degrees C!

Still may as well get ready because winter is coming soon here you can feel it in the morings despite the current heat wave which is not really unusual because I remember the last few days of summer were always the first few days of the new school year and the schools went back this week,

I just love the pointy hood on this dress though really its for show rather than being very warm because of it being on a V neck but still I like this dress a lot. The shape and style that is but, Yes, also so far both of the dresses I have made in french terry. I think it really suits the style being as its a heavier weight fabric and it hangs well.

And the extra long slightly flared sleeves really appeal because they have such a small flare they work in real life unlike the wider flared sleeve that is included with this pattern. I do love this kind of very wide flared sleeve but its rubbish when you need to do things like wash your hands. This narrower version is better. Its practical but still nice. My first couple of tops and dresses all had the wider sleeve. I think unlessI make it as a party dress I will be using this sleeve in future.

I did stupidly again make a narrow hem which turns over. Should have remembered that from the previous version.

Though it does not actually look so nad but it does bug me a bit. Iwouldn't mind if I had decided to make an exposed hem but I didn't. Still I can live with that.Note to self to make a wider hem on the next one whe eventually I finish it.

I think this really must be the last item though made from Dragon scales fabric. At least unless I find it in another colour anyway. It seems to be taking over my wardrobe and my fabric stash as well with all the little bits left over - but I have an idea for using them up. More once I actually do something with it.

Here you can see the pointy back and the long sleeve - and pixie hood of course:

This photo really shows my flippy over hem:


Its not so bad!


Have a great weekend, take care,

Bracken





No comments:

Post a Comment