Friday 18 August 2017

Stretch navy top from Blank Slate Hi-Lo pattern



I was squinting into the sun hence silly faces!
Really should take off the name badge tho it does prove I actually do wear my me-mades for real life!

Well I made two other tops from this pattern. The first was in jersey and I hated it. Its somewhere in my stash never worn because I can reuse the fabric for something at some point. That one is here:
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/20-blank-slate-patterns-high-low-top.html

Then I had another go at this top with some scraps of gingham and made this:

The gingham which I bought on a whim for some unknown reason because I generally do not care much for gingham well this top has turned out to be a favourite for work and play and I even wear it on a  weekend as well as to the office and that's despite it having spiders in the lace and not quite being average. I just LOVE this top!
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/62-gingham-along.html

And you know what till I searched for these I forgot all about my sequin top! Also made with this lovely pattern!
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/77-playing-with-sequins-blank-slate.html

So I made FOUR of these so far!

So here is my latest version. Narrow frills on the sleeve edges and no darts tho I never folded them out I just did as my gingham top and ignored them so its kind of a mild swing top.

It is wearable and makes a good work top but I am not very into this.

Maybe it will grow on my but right now no! I do not like.

It will get worn because I am short of work clothes but its just not me. Still you cannot win them all so they say!

Thanks for visiting my blog,
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment