Wednesday 3 October 2018

Black Asymetric neck dress - Winter Capsule Wardrobe

I finally got round to buying sensible wearable (as in black)  fabric back at the start of this year. Having invested in loads of black bodycon type fabric I decided then I have too big a fabric stash but I do not want to throw anything away so here is the first sensible dress for my winter wardrobe made from a kind of wrinkly stretch fabric which was very popular in bodycon dresses in the 80s and 90s. I love my red dress made from Burda Style 12/2014 #121, and decided this would be a good fabric for a new version of this dress. http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2015/11/5-burdastyle-dress-lace-cowl-dress.html

This asymetric cowl neck is a very wearable design because it is not actually off the shoulders so its easy to wear this at work. 

 The one problem is I decided to give this dress "sweatshirt" type wide hems. I think this was a mistake so I have cut a second identical dress which is going to have normal narrow Tshirt type hems instead.


It will not be a problem having two of these dresses because I really love the design and the fabric so its a bonus. I have yet to wear this out anywhere but am looking forward to wearing it for work. It is quite a warm fabric as well so ideal for winter in the office.
Have you tried this design? If yes what fabric did you use to make this?
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment