Sunday 16 December 2018

Black glitter skirt and long mitts - all upcycled from a winter sweater

Stash smashing has become quite an obsession for me this month. I have lots of second hand clothing in my stash as well as new fabrics because I often find the print or weave is lovely on some old clothing thrown away by a relative or even bought from a  thrift shop so I save it. Some of the thrift shops have sales as well and sell items for 50p or £1.

So, thinking of a new winter wardrobe made from my stash I decided to make a skirt from an old sweater - originally bought from Primark for Christmas when I was very strapped for cash, this was never comfortable but I do love a bit of glitter. Its about 10 years old now.


Easy to make into a skirt, chop off just below the sleeve, overlock and hem then thread with 1inch wide elastic. Sorted.

And there is a very quick pair of wrist warmers here too!

For them I cut a hole for my thumb, overlocked and thats it!



Thanks for visiting
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment