Friday 20 September 2019

striped lycra high low fishtail skirt and flared stripey trousers

I made this skirt before in faux stretch leather and I absolutley love this skirt. Its made from a costume pattern so I suppose the fabric I used ths tie is actually more apt being stretch dancewear grade lycra. The new version is dark grey and white stripes and I ahve had the fabric for ages. I bought it for 99p for loads. I think about 7m and I still have loads left. Maybe  will a body or similar next.  The skirt is finished with stretch black lace edging which I think works well. Its a lovely end of summer skirt although this picture was taken a while back in July.
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2018/01/first-project-of-2018-drak-green-faux.html

You can see from my green version its got a godet effect tho not real godets but the pieces are cut with the godet as part of the main skirt. Its a high low which doesnot show well in any of these photos. Kind of Edwardian I feel.



I made the top ages ago and the edging is the same fabric as this skirt and it kind of works well as a set which is accidetal but I like it very much. 


I also made these flares from the same striped lycra fabric. I was very unsure about making these. They are from a circus costume pattern  but are very "in" right now or will be this time next year because they are on the catwalks now.

https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2016/05/mmmay16-day-14.htmlThe pattern is the same as I used for the red leggings but you cut them shorter and add the circle part at the hem.



Perhaps the striped fabric is actually not the best for this pattern cos the circles look slightly weird cos ofcourse the stripes go all over the place once cut in a circle, but I like them all the same. They are more wearable than expected because I admit I made these just cos I could rather than to actually wear but they are more wearable than I thought and not as outrageous as expected - at least not when on a beach anyway.






 
Thanks for reading and see you next week when I hope to finally finish the coat I have been attempting to make for the last 12 months.
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment