Monday 17 February 2020

Pattern testing - the body glove version 1


This is the bodyglove I have made to pattern test for Ralph Pink and Pattern Lab.

Its very tight which I suppose is the point. Its a polyester crepe which I do not at all like hence works for a pattern test. Its the left over fabric from the lining from my recent summer coat which hopefully it will be wram enough to wear soon.

I have to say I am quite impressed by this and waiting to find out if Ralph made any adjustments to my huge shoulder measurements because its unusual for anything to fit my shoulders without me making adjustments. Well this fits.

Shame I have got fat since Christmas which was when I gave Ralph my measurements. Hopefully this will not be quite so tight once I get back to normal. I reckon on a beach yes I could wear this when body boarding and I have to say the possibilities for super hero costumes just appeal to my sense of fun!




Not much else I can say about this really. Its constructed via overlocking and twin needle stitching of the hems. Polyester crepe/scuba knit so not very stretchy next to swimwear fabric. Its very, very tight. You can see my scar from my hip replacement even through the fabric. I am getting used to my scar now though and it bothers me far less than a few weeks ago. Maybe a result of pattern testing swimwear. I think thats a good thing though - to be comfortable with your scars.

This invisible back zip was a mistake because its very difficult to do up/undo but with a better or rather more practical zip and a ribbon pull would be great on the beach. I only had a white zip or a dark yellow so went with the white. I never considered the problem though with it being so difficult to find so need help to do it up. Its a great wetsuit pattern or rash guard pattern or even superhero pattern for comicon. I just cannot help thinking that all I need is a belt and cape😀

If you would like to help perfect this block and wish to test the blocks then please email Ralph at testing@patternlab.london  to get involved in this project.

See you soon,
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment