Friday 25 September 2020

Skull cami top


Well really there isn't much I can say about this top. 
 
I made it from the scraps from the leggings
 
This is another version of the Rebecca Page cami pattern. I made a basic ribbed version of this a few weeks ago. 
I decided to try this in stretch lycra fabric since I can just about squeeze this from the offcuts from my skull leggings. I mean just about, because the front and back are very mismatched patternwise but it was a difficult job making this from the small bit of fabric I had left over.
 
Since there was only ever a metre of this fabric there was really very little scrap so the top had to fit into what I had. That means the back is slightly longer than the front - so I curved the edges which works,  and the straps are a contrast stretch black fabric. 

Also my print is way out at the front to what the back is but its a bonus top really so who cares.
I think it looks OK


I wanted the straps to be secure for exercise so got my partner to pin them for me. 

Unlike the original pattern these crossover, so will not fall off when I do yoga.

He did pretty good because I just had to make a few slight adjustments to get them even.

  This is after they were sewn on:

Its a great exercise outfit anyway and I have enjoyed it today. Of course I will not always wear both items together but I am happy to have got a second item from my single metre of fabric meaning no including the cost of elastic and thread which I already owned, this cost me just £10.99. Bargain eh!.

 Thanks for dropping by my blog

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment