Tuesday 21 December 2021

Green and black velvet hoody dress

  

First of all Happy Winter Solstice. 

This is virtually identical to my grey glitter dress and my lilac velvet dress but its made form 1m of dark green dancewear lycra velvet - very high spec and very stretchy that I have had stashed for years - with odd bits of at least 3 types of offcuts of black lycra velvet. So my hood has two pieces of velvet which are diffrent to each of my sleeves. You can't tell which is amazing. They were all from different shops as well. Still black lycra velvet is black lycra velvet and it works anyway.

The neck is wider on this version to my previous 2 dresses mainly because I cocked it up and had to unpick and resew it. I actually like the change though. I must admit to having had a bit of a panic but the other two are more like polo necks and this is more relaxed.

It feels very pixie-ish. Possibly this was amplified by the fact I have worn it twice and both times with stripey leggings - well its Christmas Holiday time. I do love to play. I know, its very childish of me. 

Here are the photos:

Bearing in mind I had 1m of green stretch velvet and some odd shaped left over bits of three or maybe four different blacks this is a real triumph for me as well as a major clearout of my stash. Well just proves you should hang onto every tiny bit you have left over doesn't it!

I do think my New Year Resoltution this year might just have to be to use all my stash and buy nothing till I am down to just one or maybe two boxes of fabric. I still have a spare bedroom that has enough fabric (in boxes which possibly makes it look slightly larger) to take up the space where a double bed should be!

Making this dress kind of proves if I can be a bit inventive - like use the bits - then I can make loads without actually spending any more money - and make space. And loose my worry about a moth invasion - I kid you not. I keep sticking cedarwood essential oil on the carpet every time I spy a moth!

 Have fun its the holidays!

Now I am off for a hot chocolate because its cold here.

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment