Monday 27 December 2021

Black and leopard velvet Lekala loungewear

 


OK so another pair of Lekala Sports Trousers made from left over black lycra velvet from other projects. Two different black velvets in this case but you can't tell.

The pockets are made from bits left over from my top. I still have the top though do not seem to wear it any more.

 

 Its not well made being one of my oldest me-made items. I made it before I understood how much different fabric influences the design. I used the very soft cosy leopard print on the front and a stiff ribbing on the back. At that time I was rubbish at unpicking overlocking and used to just cut things appart which of course made them smaller when resewing so I left this top alone but its never been very comfortable. Despite that I still own it because I like the designand for the time I made it it was one of my best makes ever. Time changes how you see things so much!

I am going to see what small offcuts I have in my stash now and change the back panel -so remake it so that I like to wear it. It will fit in very well with the other velvet loungewear I have been making. An amazing thing about blogging is when you look back at things like this you realise stuff - like how I can resurrect this top. 

 I also made a top and skirt and some yoga pants that I still wear.  The leopard print is more stretchy than the black. I do not think the leopard is a lycra velvet. Just polyester I think so does not have good recovery. It will work fine for pockets and waistband.



These are just comfy track pants. Nothing special other than I used velvet for them. Worn with another basic - albeit also in velvet - my cream top. I do not seem to have ever mentioned this top on the blog before. I think the pattern is Burda's Lydia top but its been a while since I made this so it may not be. I made it from some real rubbish I bought from an online seller called Pound-a-Metre. I really would avoid this company if you come across them. For the start most fabric is not that cheap, it takes at least 3 weeks to arrive by which time they usually seem to have run out of what you paid for. They will not refund so you must choose from what they do have. Even when you get the right thing sent you its often damaged. The cream velvet I used for this top should have been white ( bought specifically for some colour blocking so it did matter to me that it was not white) it was damaged so a large part was thrown away, and was no cheaper really than some other discount fabric sellers who dispatch quickly and give you decent fabric and importantly, they send you what you order and do not miss-represent what they have to get you to buy it - eg say its lycra when its cheapo crap polyester velvet. I am currently buying for their competiter Pound Fabrics and from Minerva who of course are very reputeable. So far they (Pound Fabrics) have not managed to mess up 8 orders so doing well so far and you get it within 3 days to a week.

Anyway rant about fabric sellers over

Have a lovely day

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment