Friday 19 April 2024

Magic mushroom dress

 

 
Well I say "magic mushrooms" but really they are Fly Agarics I think. Or cartoons of anyway. The classic faery mushrooms. I just could not resist the fabric. So I chose a pointy hoodied pixie dress which has turned out lovely and I enjoyed wearing twice so far.

 

I have a small amount left after this so will make childrens trousers or shorts I think from that. Its a french terry fabric ( oekotex) and I just love it, but having bought the fabric I decided I would need a TNT pattern to make something from it so I do not wreck the fabric but also so that I feel happy wearing this print.

Its the perfect fabric for spring and will work when it warms up a bit with ankle socks and trainers as well. Right now its strictly winter weight leggings I am wearing it with under a coat but its April now so it should start to warm up. May is usually hot in the UK. Or the end of May is hot anyway. Mayday is usually cold ad rainy, so hopefully I can store my leggings away soon and go bare legged. We will see.

I toyed with having raw hems on this one but in the end played it safe and hemmed this dress as the previous ones.  

And at last I feel like I am actually making things and not just thinking of making things.  If I could make what I think about, well I would make so much more than I really manage to do.

Thanks for popping by and I hope to see you again soon.

Have a great week,

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment