Monday 6 May 2024

Grey basic T-shirt dress

 

I have been going for lots of grey fabric over the last couple of years. Not sure why really. It is good for work clothes but I find myself drawn towards grey a lot even when in shops looking at RTW clothing. I liked grey in my teenage years too so it has happened to me before. But I keep telling myself grey is soooo boring! 

How can this be?

Do I really want to make grey clothing?


Well I do want to make clothes I want to wear and that I can feel confident wearing and thatI put on and go out in and do not feel self concious in so I suppose if I am honest yes I do like wearing grey. And that is that. 

Does it make me boring? 

Well maybe. Though I like to think there is more to me than how I look. 

This T shirt dress is not really shown at its best because I wore a cropped top under it, which I never realised until writing this post, you can see. Ah well never mind. I will get better photos at some point because I reckon I am likely to wear this a lot. In fact Iintend to make more in some other fabrics. 

Unfortunately as you can see we are about to repair our patio hence the bag of cenent in the back ground which I forgot to move. So all in all not the most artistic blog post I have ever written. Some of the slabs rock when you walk on them so best we repair it sooner rather than after one of the familly hurts themself.

Sometimes I really do not feel comfortable in bright trendy prints. I love them but I want to feel comfortable and what I can handle wearing really does depend on my mood. So yes there is a place in my wardrobe for lots of staples of grey. 

The thing about grey clothig is besides it goes with absolutely everything,  but also it definietly gives me the confidence to go places and do things and not feel conspicuous and even the most extrovert people need to blend in sometimes. Not that I am particularly extrovert but I am also not so shy either.

This is a nice ribbed lycra fabric with viscose and cotton so its soft as shold stay in shape. Its a grey marl:

 

I made the pattern before but as the pattern sleeve shows as a top so not as a dress because this is a hack of this top pattern:

This was actually make number 6 of my original 100 garments. I never intended to carry on blogging after I got to the 100 because it seemed like loads when I started to blog but once I got there I carried on blogging because I enjoy it. No idea just how many garments I have made now. I lost count years ago!

 

The last week other than this Tshirt dress I have not made much. I managed to locate some new patterns I want to make and download a few and have traced a couple as well but this is my only make so far.  The thing with sewing is you canot just sew. You have to find a pattern and prep it and wash the fabric to preshrink, buy thread to sew it up, buy zips etc etc. So it seems I go through periods where I make ( sew) loads but then I have these "breaks" where I am prepping for my next make.

 

Have a great Mayday and hope to see you here again soon,

Take care

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment