Saturday 2 June 2018

Final day of #MMM and I am continuing into June

31st May
I originally pledgedto wear two items every day in May for the #MMM18 challenge. I found this difficult if I am honest. The two items idea is easy until you want to wear a dress. I should have said two items or a dress to make it a more realistic challenge. Anyway I also pledged to try as far as possible to wear #MM into June so here is the last day of May and the 1st June. I will not necessarilly be wearing 2 items daily from now on but willtry to continue to wear one because as it happens I am also currently job hunting and when wearing #MM for an interview I think could work to stop me getting the job so on days I have interviews ( I am being hopeful here😀) I will not be wearing me made and since it maybe an entire day I will have to opt out for this.

Otherwise though its been fun so I am carrying on indefinitely. I have been wearing a lot of #MM for ages now anyway so maybe its time to measure just how much and see if I can incorporate even more into my working life as well as play life.
I may have to do round ups at the end of each week because trying to post daily has been difficult. My Mum was very ill the last few days. I spent quite a bit of time chasing doctors ( literally - I had to go to the surgery to demand a home visit!). It does not sound like much but took far more time than you will expect when reading this. This made it impossible to have time to do my normal living stuff ( making dinner, cleaning etc) and still have time to post so round-ups may be the way forward during June.

On the last day of #MMM18 I wore my african block print fabric top which was so simple it is really a square with a neck hole and shaped hems. No pattern for this one but I really should make more because I really like it, have always found it easy to wear, and really I need to get away from "complicated is better" which tends to be my mindset, because sometimes the simplest tops are really nice to wear. This one is.
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2016/06/54-self-drafted-floral-yellow-top.html

With my yellow top I wore my new navy trousers. I like these. They are comfortable and I left the hems to fray which I can just about get away with at work in summer. It feels more "me" if you know what I mean. Being a linen type of fabric they seem to be fraying very nicely tho I have needed to cut the straggly bits off every now and then. I think that should stop now tho because I did sew a row to hold the frays in place and limit how much they fray. It also makes for a more professional RTW look so is acceptable in an office.

I am probably going to make a second pair of these because they are very "pyjama-ish" so will fit in well with this months The Monthly Stitch challenge which is "secret pyjamas".

I may have to add pockets to the next pair tho because not having any is bugging me.


I wore my navy trousers again on Friday 1st June with a dotty top. This was another new top I got round to in desperation for something different to wear in May!

Thanks for visiting
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment