Wednesday 14 November 2018

Winter Capsule Wardrobe - Black top with lace front

The original Winter capsule wardrobe items are all finished but I just could not resist adding a top. It works better than my previous bright red top and this one is more like the original. I used the rest of my ebay black stretch lace for this top. It has a white front covered in the lace with black back and sleeves and again I used the reverese of the cheapo polyester crepe I have so much of making it look more like RTW bodycon clothing. I did not like my white back and sleeves on my original top because it was just not "me" so this time I have black instead. I loved the first top so hopefully this will be just as well worn. Its made using the same basic dress pattern - McCalls M6612 as the first top because the previous copy - my bright red top is just not as good.

Again this is made from strips of lace bought for 99p a yard each from ebay. The lace takes ages to arrive coming all the way from China so you need to remember when its due to check you actually received it. Nine times out of ten I do but occassionally it does not turn up.



I like this so much I intend to make yet another version but I need to buy some more lace first and turning the crepe fabric over has turned out to be a serious success. It makes very cheap polyester into a wearable fabric rather than old lady looking stuff which I realy do not feel happy wearing. I will probably not buy any more of it anyway but at least I will use up the large amounts I seem to have won of this stuff. I also seriously love this top so expect to wear it loads. Even my partner said "thats a nice top". Quite a compliment indeed because generally he does not say much unless he tells me what is not good.


Thanks for popping by
Bracken



No comments:

Post a Comment