Wednesday 7 November 2018

Velvet PJ or loungewear pants



 I loved those early 2000s velour/velvet tracksuits. I know its all old hat now but I still loved them. I live in a pretty cold house when its winter because we rely on oil and logs for heating and both are expensive and unlike electric and gas you have to pay out before use and we have no option for a payment plan as such. Anyway what this means is I need warm lounge wear/ Pjs.

I used the rest ( near enough) of my velvet/velour leopardskin for the first pair. Its the same fabric as this top so will work together quite well saving me from making a top to go wth the leopard pair.

I am intending to make a traditional zip front hoody jacket in the black velvet. I bought this black velvet fabric recently and have about 8m of it left so plenty to play with assuming I cock-up the frst hoody since I have not yet made one of these so anything could go wrong. I will show you that top once its made. The black though is a very wearable fabric so Iam pretty happy to have come accross that at a good price and am not unhappy to keep some in the stash forlater projects.

I bought 6m of the green velour a while back in the summer when it was really not the weather so as usual it expanded my stash and in this case rather a lot because it is very bulky fabric so I am hoping to use it all up asap to make space.

I absolutly cannot handle the green version at all. I think all 3 versions show I need to do some exercise 😀 which is not good but I will sort that one. My rear is growing!

My original yoga pants
The pattern is a freebie from Naptime creations and I already made a version here for yoga. This time I missed off the yoga waist band and added elastic which makes for a low waist - 90s style - but I am a fan of this and hate high waists so thats not a problem. You can get the pattern from this link:
https://ifonlytheywouldnap.net/2015/03/06/free-yoga-pants-pattern/

I must have cut slightly off grain tho on the green pants cos one side seam seems to migrate around my leg when wearing but for Pjs, which will probably go out of shape anyway, thats not the end of the world. I was toying with the idea of making a second pair to perfect this but really do I want that many pairs of green velvet lounge pants?

I may yet make a green top but one thing I already discovered about these 3 pairs of pants. I love the black and the leopard print and both work to pop out on a Sunday morning to the local shop but the green is a NOT an out of the house pair. I wore them to Aldi and felt very conspicuous so never again!

As you can see though the leopard print work with my biker jacket:


So a bit of a mixed bag here. Two pairs out of 3 is not so bad but what the hell am I going to do now with the rest of that emerald green velour cos I do not think I am keen on wearing it. I need to decide because it takes up far too much space in my stash and I was doing quite well reducing my fabric stash right down till I pulled that bit of fabric out.
I might manage a Tshirt because that could work with a plain black skirt and jacket but most of 6m remains. Maybe a costume? 

Any ideas?

Bracken




No comments:

Post a Comment