Friday 29 March 2019

A work dress from small bits of fabric


 I made this dress using my left over pieces of fabric from this dress
its the Hoody Cowl Dress from Burda

The leather offcuts are from my lovely leather leggings

 Its a different version of the McCalls M7538,
I made the circle skirt version last time and that was a good make too despite the perfectionist problems I found I had with this.


Again the new version is not perfect. I am sure I will get there eventually though the sides do line up better than before.  I was very careful when sewing and only had to sew this up once to get the bits to match. And Its OK for a dress made from small pieces. Its a shame I could not pattern match the top to the skirt but it was difficult to find a way to squeeze this out of what I had anyway so no way could I do that. I am happy enough with this and it makes a surprisingly stylish work dress. My boss actually complimented it today. I never said I made this but I did feel good.
Unfortunatly, the leather waist does crease when you sit all day at a desk but other than that I like this dress very much. The fact its made from scraps really does bring home how much fabric normally goes to waste.


So again I am smashing my stash and this one is a success.
 

I am really happy I bought McCalls M7538 and have to see what else I can make from this pattern which is very wearable as well as very useful for small pieces of fabric.



Thanks for reading
Bracken

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete