Monday 4 March 2019

Red and navy hoody = a slight disaster!


 Just a quick make uisng McCalls M6614 because I am busy playing with pattern making for my The Vampires Wife DIY dress


I have to make this pattern longer next time though because I ended up putting an extra band on the bottom to make this long enough so its not really a very good make. Mick seems to like it and wore it as a top layer over the last few days when it has been warm so he has not needed a jacket. Its made from football shirt type fabric witth a solid red that is very stable and the sides are navy mesh. 
I made this dress from the same navy fabric and the tulip skirt from the red. 

This pattern has a curved hem so having to add the extra strip is not the best thing to have to do. 




I need to add an extra bit into the next version of this though and make the pattern longer.

One of the good things about my current pattern making endeavours is I am starting to feel confident about actually altering my commercial patterns to fit us. 

This needs it since it was clearly far too short without the bottom band which is a shame because the fabric is good quality so realy I have messed this one up. 
Still it will be ok next time - I hope. And as they say you can't win em all!
I still have some light blue in the football shirt fabric so will lengthen the pattern and then make a second one of these and with a bit of luck it will turn out better

Thanks for visiting 
Bracken

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete