Sunday 6 October 2019

New hair for my unemployment.



I lost my job cos I have to have 6 weeks off for my hip replacement. Its the start of term at Universities in England and they need me there. I get it, but cannot believe they have cancelled my contract just because I have to have a hip replacement. Of course they made other excuses and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it but there it is really. The conversation began " its not about your hip but.........." and the boss said thats the end of my contract. Yes I am very upset about it.

Its very scary cos I now have no job to go to after I am repaired. Which of course I will be. A little worrying to say the least.

Never mind maybe it will all work out for the best in the end. Always has and life goes on etc etc.

Time to write book number 3 then I think. I have planned it since 2016 and so far not written it. I can do my experiemnts in the next few days then write it as I get better. Its a book about how to make your own mineral make-up if you want to know. I may tell you a bit as it progresses although this is not a blog about making cosmetics - thats what my other books are about as well and you can buy them from Amazon if you want to have a look.
But this blog is and always hasbeen about sewing and occassionally food or knitting or just stuff like this post.

Then theres the fact there is now less than 2 weeks till the actual operation itself which is also very scary.  I have the op on 17th October if it happens on time - well its the UK NHS after all so who knows but its planned for then anyway. Will happen soon even if they postpone for a few days.


The upside though - I can be me, for 6 whole weeks!


 Possibly even for 8 whole weeks before I must again conform to the crap status quo and look " normal" for my job - whatever that will be next.


So for now at least I can have my hair how I like it. So this is my choice for my operation:

This is 3 layers as follows:

Colour Freedom dyes ( bought from Superdrug) :
Pink Pizazz
Mystic Purple and
Indigo and I love this very much. Stops me feeling like an old lady.




Its better from the back than the front cos this is after all about the hair.............
Look like I am praying and yes I feel abit like maybe I should!

 

One slightly unexpected thing about this operation is when I was told back in March I needed to have the hip replacement I gave up drinking alcohol and I really have been surprised at the fact I have lost so much weight. Yes I know they tell you you need to drink less when dieting but I really have not given up anything else or dieted as such and its been several months but I seem to have lost loads of weight. I never even realised till we took these photos but I have.

I need to get toned up now but can do that after I have had the op but I am reasonably happy with my body now if only it will work properly. What you cannot see on these photos is I need a stick to walk or else I walk like a chimp ( as my lovely partner has told me!). He is right though!




So these leggings I made a while ago ( and the happlily fit me again!). You can read about them here

The top is new from New Look and was very cheap in the sale. Its mesh but lined int he bodice and I really want a pattern similar to this because I love it. Feel very Olivia Newton John in Grease. Makes me feel good anyway and especially with my new hair.







At least this has taken away the "I am just an old lady now" feeling. 

Cos no! I am not!

Bracken









No comments:

Post a Comment