Monday 17 August 2020

Short tube skirt

This is another tube skirt made from just the front pattern piece of New Look 6230. I made this type of skirt several times before and prefer to a more formal pencil skirt which this pattern  is meant to make. It works for me.

The fabric used for this skirt is just a small piece left over from my green snakeskin dress and top - or dress depending how you look at that outfit. ts cotton lycra jersey so ideal for this kind of garment.

This is a great stash buster pattern as well, because its hard to find ways to use very small pieces of fabric other than making underwear and I think I should get at least one pair of knickers out of what I still have left anyway, and how many pairs of green snakeskin knickers do I really want to make?

This is a bit longer than the black velvet skirt made exactly the same way. I made a couple of other skirts as well back in spring time.




Other short skirts made from this pattern:
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2019/12/short-sporty-sequin-sided-skirt.htmlhttps://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2020/01/polka-dotty-dungaree-skirt.html


I suppose I could also wear the one shoulder top which makes up part of my dress with this as well but I have not tried that out as yet.


Thats actually down to how big the fabric piece left over is though. I reckon use it all because its less wasteful so this is actually possibly even wearable for work on the right day.



I am getting converted to these kind of tube skirts. This is really quite funny because if I did not make these myself I would not waste money on them but when they are a by-product, so to speak, of something else I have made I enjoy them very much.

This will also work for warmer days in Autumn or with tights and boots on colder days so I feel my winter wardrobe has started now too.

Take care, stay safe
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment