Saturday 13 March 2021

Red lace vampire top

This top is made from a knitted acrylic ( I think) lace fabric. I previously made a dress from this.  

Its nice and very light weight so a good spring fabric for when you fancy mesh or lace but do not want to freeze. The pattern is McCalls 6612 which is one of my TNT patterns. Though I reckon its a bit too wide necked for the fabric and would have been better in the Lydia Burda pattern. It has a tendancy to fall off my shoulders. Usually I have made this in scuba or T shirt weight cotton and that works better. Still done now so I will learn from that one.

I added stretch black lace to the edges which gives it that vampire feel.

Though I felt it was a little light weight when I wore it at work even though speaking to my colleagues via Teams. Like I was not quite appropriately dressed. I am sure on a laptop screen they could not tell but one to remember when we are physically back on site.

Its one for play I think really. Worn with my camo leggings though its a nice spring weekend outfit.

Take care 

Bracken


 

No comments:

Post a Comment