Friday 25 August 2023

Troll top

This is a top pattern that I made before.
I actually wore this before so this is my second wearing. Usually I try to get photos the first wearing just in case I wreck it. Well I did get some good photos over the felds on a walk ast week but then my phone died and I cannot retrieve anything. in fact its been a real pain becaise I had to add every app manually and copy what I can from my PC but I never do proper backups - that will teach me! Anyway I was offline most of 2 days and it was a serious shock to the system. Though of course I still had a PC so nt really out of touch with the world but it was much harder than I would have expected it to be to not have my phone.
Anyway its been all about phones the last few days and because the screen died and then the memory card also died I lost pretty much everything including the original photos of this top. Even plugged into a PC I couldn't get back those pictures.  Still the top has  survived me washing it and its still a good top so here it is after its been worn. I suppose in some ways its more of a real photo in fact because its no longer brand new and pristine. I normally only do "real" when its Me-Made May and last time I never bothered to take part.


Its a Burda Style magazine pattern and was on my new years resolutions list of makes. Well it has been on the new years planned makes for a few years so I suppose I am making up for that by making a second version so soon. 

I really like the first one I made. This troll fabric was actually bought a couple of years ago with the idea to make big knickers for winter. Well as usual I overplanned my possible makes and never had time for that one so its still there in my stash. 

I only had a metre of this fabric which is a stretch oekotex cotton-lycra. I managed with some careful cutting to leave a sizeable bit of the fabric over so will make a child sized top out of the rest I think. Maybe with contrast sleeves but still even then I am happy to be so careful to not only get this top from a metre but actually have some left over. Seriously thats an achievement I never expected to have. 

So here's the other photos:

 

 

I do love thsi fabric!


And have really got into the raglan puffed sleeves because this pattern really takes so little fabric. Its the only log sleeved adult top pattern I have ever tried you can get out of less than 1m of fabric. I will be making a few more of these and thats despite the fact puffed sleeves were util now not really "me". Or so I had thought anyway. I have made some puffed sleeved items before but its something I wear occassionally rather than I favour if you know what I mean. I think thats about to change. Minly due to the fabric quantities needed for this top. And it even has very long sleeves yet still comes out of a small piece of fabric. I thik it would be great in wintery stretch velvets too. And its even work worthy - in a different fabric.




Have a great week and if you are in the UK enjoy the last Bank Holiday we will have until Christmas. Its seems so far away!

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment