Thursday 16 May 2024

Ribbed pencil skirt from a free pattern

 

 

This is a basic skirt made from what I had left from making my T shirt dress. I downloaded the pattern some time ago and have meant to make one for a while so its ideal having some stretch lycra ribbed fabric to trial it.

I have never before made anything from the Sewhouse7 pattern company but this worked well and everything matched up as it should, which I like in a pattern company so I will check out some of their other patterns I think. They have quite a range of patterns and some I really fancy making. This skirt pattern comes in two lengths and is free.

I made the longer version.

This ribbed fabric is possibly a little bit lighter weight than it could be though will be good for a summer long skirt but I reckon it might work better in a slightly thicker fabric. The ribbed grey was available and really I wanted to use it up rather than stash such a small amount. I cannot say how big the piece I used was because it was a weird shape and I had to cut from the piece I had so I never bothered with their cutting directions. I just matched SG and cut out. It worked anyway.

I reckon I will make another of these in sweatshirting because that would make for a nice warm winter skirt. As a trail this is great and will make a lovely summer skirt. This fabric is a bit thin for winter.

You could easily use this pattern for a side slit skirt as well so its a versatile addition to my pattern collection and wonderful its a freebie!

I think you do need lycra in the fabric for this one though because it would go out of shape otherwise but its a really nice basic skirt pattern and of course you could easily cut it down to mini length too.

Its worn here with my navy self drafted ( and ancient!) top. I have bought some new fabric to make some more of these self drafted tops because I have worn them so often and for so long. I have yet to get round to them but they are such a fast make I really need to do that.  

Thanks for visiting my blog, and hope to see you again soon,

Have a great week,

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment