Sunday 17 September 2017

Shirt dress part 2



I have not done very much to this since my last post. Life just got in the way but if you are reading this then you probably read my previous post.
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/burda-easy-shirt-dress-part-1.html

All I have done so far this week is attach the collar. I did this three times trying to get an even collar. Lots of frustrating unpicking!

Then finally it went together. Looks good thinks me.



What do you think? 
Have you seen the MASSIVE ERROR?

 I have not got a placket for a button hole!

The collar is NOT MEANT TO BE CENTRAL!

So thats something to do better next time anyway. This is meant to be a learning shirt so a muslin but I was hoping to be able to actually wear it as well. As it happens yes I still can. It is just now meant to have an open neck not a proper shirt neck.

Well the whole point is to learn I suppose!

So since making this big error I kind of gave up for a bit and then life was rather hectic etc etc.

When I came back to sewing which is a bit later than usual this week, I made my black top instead since it was supposed to be easy and winter is coming and I think that will be a great top for winter.

It was easy to make but not quick!


I mean I can see Halloween, Christmas, parties..........................just vary how I wear this. If you want to read more about my black top thats here:
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/black-top-from-pattern-sew-and-sew-b5940.html



So back to my shirt:

I have pinned the cuffs into place and put pleats in at approximately where they should be.


I cannot say much more yet. I will try to make time to continue sewing this later today.

First though I have lots of other boring stuff ( like cleaning, cooking, washing etc) that I just have to do.

And I need to press this collar and button stand to make it flat enough for making button holes.

Thanks for reading 
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment