Wednesday 28 November 2018

Dog tooth check dress pattern hack


I bought this fabric which is actually another rubbish stretch crepe and probably polyester, last spring and had no idea what to do with it.

There was only 1.2m of this so its a tight squeeze getting a dress out of it and it is not at all pattern matched. I never even tried to match it. There was just not way to do that. I had to slightly cut off grain one sleeve as well but I think it works OK and you cannot tell.

This is the version D of Butterick B5562 top without the neck addition so it makes a simple boat neck and extended into a dress by adding the bottom of McCalls M6612 onto it. Then I flared the sleeve as much as possible. Sleeves are 3/4 because they are made from the oddments left over after cutting out the body and that is all there was left.


Its totally overlocked except for the hem which is twin needle stitched and I added black non-stretch lace to the edge of the sleeves to give it a bit of extra something. I am hoping since the sleeves have a bit of flare that the fact the lace is not stretch when the dress is will not matter.





Anyway this is a nice little dress and for once I am also on trend. How about that for a random bit of fabric I bought with no idea what to do with it and virtually no pattern that would fit on it. Kind of proves if you do see a random fabric and its cheap maybe you should add that one to your stash!

 I reckon its worked out rather good considering everything and works well as a work dress too which is a big bonus.
Thanks for visiting my blog
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment