Wednesday 21 November 2018

High low circle skirts

These are 4 skirts called by the blogger I got the pattern off "fishtail skirts" which really I do not think they are. Fishtail to me means more mermaid shaped but who cares about the name. They are nice were quite quick to make.

They are also a great stash buster and since I am seriously needing to reduce my fabric stash these are perfect for my needs.


Each skirt is a circle based on a self drafted pattern found here:
http://www.deliacreates.com/easy-diy-fishtail-circle-skirt-tutorial/


I already made one version of this pattern a while back and I like it very much so when I came accross more mesh fabrics a very cheap prices I bought them knowing I wanted to do something similar. It took me quite a while to actually get round to the making part but the dream part has been in my head for a while now. I am sure many crafters will know what I mean here!
My original skirt
These ones are exactly the same ( except it would appear my waist is quite a bit smaller which I am very happy about!!!)

This is the check skirt with a new wider lack mesh skirt under it. This black mesh unlike the original which was power mesh is more like sports shirts material. I am thinking that I will be able to wear this with my old powermesh version as well tho the waist size could mean for a few alterations to make that work which is unexpected.

Anyway here are the pictures:

Then this is just the single mesh layer:



Then the green paisly over blue mesh ( 2 layers of blue mesh)






And just the blue:

I really need some modelling lessons!

The pale blue skirt is doubled - so has two layers because its a lighter weight powermesh type of fabric and just looked a bit nothingey to me so I made double but really doesn't have to be doubled. If you wanted a ballet type of floaty skirt you would be able to just use one layer. Or maybe make two with two elastic waistbands rather than double them up on one waistband.


Anyway all of these skirts can be worn either as mesh on its own over leggings or on a beach or they can be layered in various combinations.

I made two different lengths due to the widths of the fabric I was using but to make a narrow width longer all that would be needed would be side seams and then otherwise just cut eactly the same. So you would need to make a circle before cutting the hole for the waist after you line up the side seams etc.


Since I cut two different lengths I have photos of the longer skirts together and shorter skirts together but you could really have shorter under or over a longer one.


I suspect these will more than likely not be worn till next spring when the weather warms up with the exception of the longer checked skirt which I am wearing at the moment with the black mesh under it and thick tights.


Oh and in case you wanted to know I also made the double layer white top 
Thanks for visiting,
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment