Wednesday 31 October 2018

View B McCalls M7261 sportswear pattern - Winter Capsule Wardrobe

 This is view B of McCalls M7261 sportswear pattern,


 I wore this red top when we went to Blackpool for my partners birthday. We went to see the lights because its years since either of us last went. Well I was 13 years old last time!
Its a nice warm top and I am intending to make a few more.  The collar is actually meant to be centre front overlapped but I pinned it on at the side by accident and liked it so left it.
 The top is the reverse of the same cheapo polyester crepe that most of my Winter Capsule Wardrobe is made from and this is the last bit of that project. Its a very warm fabric and using the reverse makes an otherwise unacceptable fabric look like a scuba or performance fabric.

I used the Melissa Feyr Trade method of making the mitts from the "Sew Your Own Activewear" book which I bought back in July when I was given some money for my birthday, rather than the method gven in the instructions because I hate having to constantly re-handsew the mitts from the sports top I made here:
.

 This method is do-able on a sewing machine and much better. I did have difficulty getting the mitts to fit under the machine and actually made three of one of them. The first one worked fine but then the next one got eaten by the foot. The third got snagged by the foot and although it worked fine I wanted the top to start life looking as perfect as possible so I made a thrid and then finally I made a good one. To do this method I need to sew from each direction else it just will not fit under my machine foot.  


 


 I am really very pleased with how wearable this top has turned out and am keen to make a few more. Maybe with colour blocking next time and use up some of my smaller bits of fabric because this is one of the best tops I have so far made.


Thanks for visiting 
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment