Tuesday 25 December 2018

Gold dress for Christmas




I have made this pattern from Burda 5 times before so its a very quick make  since I know what I am doing and I very much like wearing it.


Its versatile in that despite being off the shoulder ( singular as in on only one side) I could still wear to work if I had the right occassion since its still a very covered up look. Though then I would add leggings. And its really comfortable to wear which matters at Christmas. I do not constantly feel like I need to adjust my neckline which I find happens with lots of off the shoulder looks. This dress just kind of settles to where it should be and is therefore easy to wear.

I bought this fabric in the summer as a large remnant and its a stretch with a coating of rose gold. This was a cheap fabric of unknown fibre from the remnants bin in a  local fabric shop.
The gold does deposit a bit as you walk around so there is a bit of excess glitter which tends to fall off on the floor and furniture whilst wearing but at Christmas there is glitter everywhere so who cares. I did pre-wash the fabric though and it survived so may last a while but I really do not know about that.
One slight problem you will notice is my hem which does not quite lie perfectly flat. Possible because I have not pressed due to worrying the gold will come off if I do and I also hate ironing! Its twin needle stitched and the rest of the dress is overlocked. Anyway my hem is not too bad and only a sewist will probably notice and it should wear in eventually I think so I am going to just live with that one.

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas,
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment