Monday 24 December 2018

Gold leggings inspired by Tom Ford RTW 2018


https://fabric-media.moodfabrics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Tom-Ford-Fall-2018-Ready-to-Wear-1.jpg


I made the longer view of McCall's M6173 leggings pattern because its easier to wear them with boots as well as trainers and I also quite like the ruched ankles when I have made this view before. Though to be honest on the last few pairs I have not actually bothered to use elastic to ruch them but just allowd them to ruch when wearing due to the length. I have found they work just as well in most fabrics because the tightness stops them riding up at knee level. I expect that is the reason for the elastic really to keep everything in place but since the last couple of pairs work fine without the extra step and I am in a hurry to make these I left that bit out. So far they feel and look fine.



We had some problems getting decent photos of these leggings. You cannot see just how shiny and glittery they are so you will just have to take my word for it I am afraid. I even attempted some very strange poses to try to show the shinyness. Never mind. They are glittery believe me.

There is a slight downside with this fabric: its the glittery stuff which makes them metallic that does drop off around the house but over the festive period with decorations depositing glitter everywhere this is not going to really annoy me.





I am really pleased with how these leggings have turned out because the fabric was just bought with no idea what to make -  I just liked it and it was a good price. I have still got some of this gold fabric left over which I am considering what to do with because its a very glittery festive fabric and just asking to be made up into something. I kind of think if I am ever going to use this fabric it must be for Christmas and New Year so watch this space for what else I make from this!

Wishing you a very wonderful Christmas
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment