Tuesday 31 March 2020

Micks Red Hoody



As promised a couple of days ago, here are the photos of  Mick's red hoody. This one is a bit special because I actually bought the black fabric for the top. 
Usually I buy fabric and buy patterns and match them together, as I get inspired.So I do not actually very often go shopping for a specific item. The black fabric is high quality and quite thick performance fabric with 4-way stretch. I am never sure if its really 2 way or 4 way but it stretches really well in all directions so whatever that is is what this black fabric is.


The Red fabric is football shirt type of fabric the same fabric I used for the disastrous red and navy hoody.



Since then I have lengthened the pattern pieces.They fit now.

This top is a success we both feel which is nice. Its the last decent sized bits of my red fabric too. I may manage something with the offcuts but I am not too sure what as yet.
















I did though make a skirt from this as well ages ago now. I will have to find that out because it has vanished into the wardrobe somewhere. Its good when your sewing makes you remember other items you have not worn in ages!













This is again McCalls M6614. This time though I have eliminated the side panels to cut a plain back and front. I just pinned the pattern pieces together for this to eliminate the seam allowances and as usual with this pattern I also removed the darts which are at the top of the sleeve.


The two fabrics seem to work very well because the black is quite heavy and the football shirt fabric which is actually not very stretchy but is kind of waffled is a similar weight.


I hope you are all keeping well in these strange times. I have been relatively busy despite being shut in most of the day. I managed to cut out 5 summer dresses and some bras yesterday so hopefully over the next few weeks I can show you these as well. Keep sewing people.......
Stay safe and well
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment