Wednesday 1 April 2020

Another black and blue hoody

This top is really made from oddments of fabric. I ended up with bits all over the room to find fabrics of similar weight and stretch for this one. But I am happy with the results. Or relatively so anyway. This worked better than the other multi media top I made for Mick. I actually made this one first which is probably why because I had bigger bits of fabric to play with for this one. This is yet anther of McCalls 6614. This time I used the front panels but joined the back ones together to make a flat solid back.


Front and sleeve panels
Front panel is the blue waffle football shirt fabric, front sides and sleeves are ribben stretch lycra fabric. This works well for the front side panels but less so for the sleeves because I have ended up with a slightly wavy edge where the sleeves are hemmed. Hopefully this may wear in. I considered pressing but have previously managed to melt the white version of this fabric so decided not to risk that.

Back panel is the stretch performance fabric left over from the red top.









Thats all for now for hoodies I think. I am now making non-hoody tops. I will show you those later
Take care
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment