Saturday 30 May 2020

Cerena top and trouser hack

 This is my second Cerena. This time though I made the top rather than the Romper. Its exactly the same though possibly a bit easier due to not being attached to the trousers. The matching trousers are also the Cerena but this is a hack because Cerena includes three lengths. Shorts, knee length (shorts/ culottes) and the long trousers I made previously.  

This is a very comfy hot weather outfit which borders on pyjamas. I love it. I also very much prefer the separates to the previous Romper version. Thats my own preference tho. Nothing wrong with the Romper I just decided its too much hassle to wear it - life wise that is. 
Generally Rompers seem to be aimed at festivals and similar but I cannot think of worse clothing to be honest. eg having to take everything off at a festival to go to the loo is not my idea of easy clothing. Portaloos etc!!!

I did conside this fabric for my original Romper but I did not want to waste my fabric by making either of the shorter versions and did not have enough of this lovely fabric for my long trouser version so I went with a cropped trouser length.In the end as I said I prefer it as separates.


The back is probably a bit lower on me than its meant to be. It should cover a bra strap apparently!
Maybe I should go down a size next time?

According to the pattern dimensions this is my size but I know from when making patternes from the Big Four companies that all say I am a size 12 and in the end I usually end up being an 8 or sometimes a size 10.  Maybe Rebecca Page patterns are also generous. Still better bigger than too small and waste my fabric. They can always be adjusted but not made larger once cut.
 



Yes for me definitely separates are better. This is a good pattern though, because you get the trousers /shorts and top and can make a top with back buttons, and both top and trousers can be made in woven fabric or in a stretch jersey. It would also be dead easy to add a basic gathered waist, dirndle skirt to the top instead of the trousers. That would give a nice sundress.

See you next week
Bracken




No comments:

Post a Comment