Thursday 7 January 2021

Ghoulish monster print dress

This fabric was expensive so I bought just 1m of it. I was disappointed in the colours which looked much brighter on my laptop. I bought this in the summer but only just now decided what t do with it. Because I only bought 1m  it was a difficult thing to work out what I can get from this to make the most of the print and not waste my fabric which cost me £10 for just a metre.

Its my TNT dress/ top pattern. I decided on this pattern because at least I will not make a mess of this. A new pattern is always a risk.

 


I did not have enough fabric for full length sleeves but with the offcuts I managed to add frills and make the 3/4 sleeves I could cut longer.  Adding a bit of lace gives them a fashionable finish, adds a little more length, and I really like the overall effect. I have not previously tried this look out so it makes a change.

Then I made a small hole in the edge when I overocked it and the fabric got eaten by the machine so I had to stop for a while, while deciding what to do about this. In the end a few weeks passed when I had to wait for the overlocker to be fixed. It turned out the blades just needed replacing due to having gone blunt. I did not actually need to use the overlocker to finish this but I just kind of had a mental block as to what to do next. So on the table it sat doing nothing and I gave up sewing.

Now the overlocker is back in action and I decided to twin needle stitch some more of my stretch lace to the edge. So really I could have finished this weeks ago. I got kind of stuck though when thinsg all went wrong. A few rows of stretch lace really finishes off the dress and its very wearable though perhaps a little thin for the time of year. A dress ready for spring though.

 

Stay safe and warm

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment