Friday 5 November 2021

Tiger Statement Leggings


 I have had several emails recently from High Street stores going on about "statement leggings". Well to be honest they are really nothing new but I suppose they have to find ways to get us to buy new stuff somehow. I had already cut these out before getting any of the latest emails but I think probably they do fit into the "statement leggings" category. 

To me they are pure wonderful old fashioned classic punk rock!

This is a TNT pattern - yes I am being lazy again!! McCall's M6173. But then the reason its one of my TNT patterns is its so wearable.
And they turned out brilliantly I think. I originally cut the longest look with ruched ankles but being velvet worry they would be too bulky for my boots so I then cut a few cm off these meaning they are actually shorter than view B but longer than view A. I think for winter this will be better because it should avoid the cold ankle thing you get with leggings and trainers. Fabric is from Minerva the same as the previous several orange velvet tiger striped articles I made over the last few months - I do love this fabric!

I expect to wear these loads with my biker jacket as well as sweat tops. They are much easier to handle wearing than my track pants which seem to have become PJs. Never mind. I suspected they would. They do make lovely PJs.

And I love these. I should have just been brave and made these in the first place instead of the messing around trying to tone this fabric down with the many things I have made from it previously.

Have a great week and thanks for visiting

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment