Friday 19 November 2021

Orange Velvet Tiger Hoody

 

I am getting much more confident with this top now I have made it several times. This is my fourth hoody and I also made on top with the collar version and no hood. This time I actually added the pullcord! Yay!
Its the last big item I am going to be able to make from the orange tiger striped velvet I got from Minerva. Now there are just small bits left. To be honest had this not been constructed from panels - its princess seamed - then I would not have managed to get this out of my 2.5m which I had in 2 seperate pieces.

The leggings were made as part of a capsule wardrobe I worked on a couple of years ago. The green velvet track pants are made using the Rebecca Page Cerena playsuit pattern.

The thumb cuffs are imperfect. I somehow managed to pucker the fabric on both cuffs. Pattern for the cuffs is from Melissa Feyr's "Make Your Own Active Wear" book not the cuffs in the pattern. I thik its a better design than having to hand sew the thumb seams. Though its not usual I muck this up and get puckers! Still imperfect or not they work.





I love the hood with the extra bit added in the front. I still always have to look up how to do the front neck and I am really not sure I did this right on any of my versions of this. Still it seems to work!

The pullcord and toggles are both from Ebay. I have some skull shaped cord end toggles coming but they have not yet arrived. I really want to add them on. I will update the post once I get them.  

Thanks for popping over

Bracken






No comments:

Post a Comment