Saturday 28 January 2023

Silver glitter leggings

 
I made two pairs of basic leggings for the Christmas and New year party season.

So these were made to be worn during the Christmas and New Year period - and they were.

The first pair I mentioned back at the start of New Year. I realy made these for New Year's day. The second pair were made at the same time but I just never got round to blogging them till today. I suppose that means I had a good time this year as well, due to not having time for much blogging.


They are both pairs though, very nice and glittery to take me through January, so I think they still count as part of my current wardrobe despite the party had to finish and we all had to start working again. This pair are the more handleable for every day life. Lots of people seem to go glittery in January so I am not alone and I want to make the most of both of these while I feel I can still get away with wearing them. For weekends I am still enjoying wearing these so rather than store them until next winter I have decided stuff it I will carry on wearing these now. Soon I think the silver textured pair  will probably have to go away until next year.  I just might manage to wear the glitter leggings though for a while yet. I will have to wait and see how my confidence manages to hold out wih regards to this glittery pair:

I must admit to a few misgivings when this fabric arrived- even to war over the holiday season. Well they are very shiny shiny but now in January they have brightened up my life somewhat amidst the rain and cold weather, so I am happy to have made these.  The first pair have a fabric that is textured and quite warm, The fabric is sold as 4-way stretch but has more stretch widthways than lengthways. It works well for leggings though:

The second pair are a thinner fabric that is a true 4-way stretch so could really be used for dancewear or swimwear. These are thinner so not so warm but defiitely they are the easier pair to incorporate into my normal life. I don't expect these to last as long but like them the best. The fabric is more delicate and has a few "pulls" already. They work really well with my pink teddy top though. 

And of course they also work with my Faerie theme. 

I have decided I like my clothing so much more after focusing on the Faerie looks I aimed for in 2022 so that will have to continue for 2023 as well. I am gradually working through my entire clothing collection and eliminating anything I do not really like to charity. 

So far its a surprisingly large number of items I do not want and still more to go through. I tend to store summer clothing in winter so I have not even begun going through that as yet. Its feeling like a job well done so far though.

 

Anyway, despite the rather "Abba" feeling these have turned out surprisingly wearable - so long as the rest of my outfit is a bit subdued. They really can work for every day life - even if not my working life - despite the glitter. Although I have toned down  what I wear with these for every day life.

 

I hope you are having a great start to 2023. I actually feel that so far I am getting things sorted out, at least wardrobe wise, so all the sorting out and disposal to charity is worth my time and effort even though it eats into my crafting time. Thanks for popping by my blog and see you again soom.

Take care, 

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment